What’s my story?
Hey there. My name is Åsa.
Instead of giving you my bio of qualifications, I will instead share some deets on me as a human being.
10 Facts about my life that will give you a better picture than a resume:
- I was born in Sweden and raised in the U.S. Moved to the US with my family when I was 5 and always knew it was my life’s dream to move back to Sweden one day. Of course I thought that one day would be when I retired but it became when I was 43.
- I am the youngest of 5 siblings and have always had a strong yearning to be “included”. If you have ever heard the term FOMO (fear or missing out) that would have captured my entire childhood.
- I have had careers in banking in Ohio, residential real estate in North Carolina, Human Resources and Administration at a school in Sweden for 4th-9th graders (WOW, that was a lot of kids in one place)! 🙂
- I have a freakish personality trait where I love to organize things, thoughts, ideas and people. I like to put things in order and to look at them in compartments. It is a natural thing for me to do and that is probably why it has always been easy and enjoyable to help people look at their problems my whole life. Hence my career path rolling into formal coaching.
- I have an obsession with food. Eating it. Thinking about it. Cooking it with friends and family. I wake up fantasizing about breakfast.
- I haven’t thrown up since 1981. Long story but I will share it with you if you want to know.
- I have struggled with low self esteem my entire life and only recognized it since going through my Life Coaching education. Accepting also that I am an extroverted introvert helps me to navigate my life better now.
- My Life Path in Numerology is a Number 2 and that’s the Mediator. Totally lived my entire life pulling people apart and trying to get them to talk. A natural instinct for me.
- Thomas and I have been in each others lives since we were 5 years old. We were in the same pre-school class together. We re-connected in our lives 2 times as adults but only during family visits and then in 2009 I met him at a mutual family members wedding and I fell instantly in love with him. So strange. It was as though I saw him for the first time. He and I now live in his family home in the same town I lived in when I was 5 years old. The circle is complete. Small world, huh?
- I am an overall chill, happy person that loves to connect deeply with authentic and real people who want to make the world a better place by actually helping out when they see there is a need. I love to hang out, drink red wine and talk about deep things … like FEELINGS. Ooooh! Alarming how many people are scared of that topic. Discussing world hatred and politics is NEVER my thing and I will run from the conversation… take my glass of wine and high tail it out of there and connect with someone sitting by themselves in the corner. That’s my style. Much rather sit and dote on that person than listen to that other crap.